Thursday, December 20, 2007

What Goes Up Must Come Down


Tamira Crowell
Columbus Middle School/Youth Initiatives Project

The reason why people shouldn’t shoot on New Year’s Eve is because if you shoot up in the air, the bullet can come down and hit somebody. Everybody knows the saying, “what goes up must come down”. I don’t think its right for little kids to be crying for their parents or sleeping on the floor. I also don’t think its right for little kids to be worrying about other relatives in their family, if they are not with them that night.

When I was little, I used to always be scared on New Year’s Eve night. Now that I’m older and not scared as much, I can see that my little sister is scared. My family and I always go to church on New Year’s Eve night. When we go in the church or leave church, we have to run to our car. I remember two years ago, we were getting ready to go to my uncle’s house on New Year’s Eve night and bullets were flying. I just thank God that the bullets didn’t hit us.

Like my mom says, “what goes up must come down”.

No comments: