Friday, December 21, 2007

New Tears Adding To The Struggle




Brittney King, Southeastern High School/ Youth Initiatives Project

Shut don’t go up I understand why they say. Every night on New Years awakening day, only thing there is to say; just another fool in Detroit today wanting to be heard and keep innocent individuals awake. I can’t sleep at night because of this New Year’s madness. Why can’t I just be at home with my family and feel safe? I don’t understand though who are they mad with. Maybe it’s the new years, new tears adding to the struggle. Its’ suppose to bring new age, wisdom, more understanding to overcome what troubles we perceive. New crime rate, but these folks seem to have lost fate and only add to concern. What brings this problem of gun fire, we must learn to demolish. How can it happen though? The problem doesn’t have a face to it and the not knowing children receive a negative influence following in the footsteps. I am sick of this, why wont it stop. Do they understand what goes up must come down? Now I understand why shut don’t go up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a inspiration to young people all around the world we need more youth to feel this way