Sunday, June 8, 2008

Willing To Change

Willing To Change
K.C. Goines
Crocket High School


I didn’t have it good growing up. I mean, I’m one of seven kids – with only one person working
in the house. And I didn’t have everything good like others did. Six of the seven of my brothers
and sisters dropped out or didn’t finish school. So, I take the subject of high school dropout rates to
heart. I’m willing to change, to break that trend and to be the first out of my family to go to college.
Because I just can’t sit there and let my life drift away like that.
I have a brother who recently dropped out of school. I just can’t be like one of my brothers and
sisters who dropped out, because there’s nothing out here for you in the street. All the street’s going
to do is chew you up and spit you right back out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i completly understand out of my family there's not enough people that graduated to count on both hands and i take pride in being the few that did

Anonymous said...

By choosing to do this your not only making a difference in your life but your making a difference to all the people who look up to you that you may have never knew about. So keep following your dreams and you can be whatever you want to be.