Thursday, November 27, 2008

New Years Shootings


Gary Thomas
Senior
Pershing High School

If I could stop New Years shootings, I would try my hardest to do so. There are a lot of ideas I have in my head on how I would stop it. Many people are into shooting on New Years Night and look forward to it as a holiday "tradition".

First, I would ask for many people's opinion on how they feel about changing it. There are a lot of changes that can be made depending on their feelings. I hate to see things happen that are not meant to happen.

My thoughts on people shooting on New Years Night is really nothing to write about. I have been around the shootings most of my life. Things can definately be changed. I think strongly that I can be a part of that change.

My changes consist of working with organizations, clubs, leadership programs, etc. The programs would explain how many children and adults get killed unintentionally. The people who participate in the shooting obviously don't understand what can happen.

Last but not least, I think I can change the tradition with my ideas. I will try to make that happen. I will focus on a change, if not everywhere, then at least in my community. People will understand some how where I'm coming from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am concerned about the level of violence today. I am glad you spoke.

Anonymous said...

you have great ideas. i think that you will make a difference in your community. i agree that it is time for a change and we as in the youth have to make a commitment in making that change i am willing to help in any way possible. i hope that your passion for this changes not only your community put so many more.